It might be a taboo subject for some, but here at MemoryFoamMattressDirect we don’t mind admitting that one of the many benefits of buying a memory foam mattress is that it puts a whole new spin on sex.
Admittedly, a memory foam mattress won’t turn you into a love God overnight, but it can help you to enjoy a vibrant sex life with your partner, particularly if you have ever suffered from aching joints and bones whilst making love.
You probably already know that memory foam can provide spinal support, ease pressure on joints, reduce tossing and turning as you sleep and requires no maintenance. Thanks to these cushioning properties, a memory foam mattress may help your sex life in a number of ways:
- Let your imagination run wild. Having sex on a memory foam mattress means you can be more adventurous and try out new positions without fear of your legs and arms going numb. Because memory foam contours your body, you’ll reduce the pressure and aches you may experience on a standard mattress.
- As there are no springs in memory foam mattresses, you won’t have to worry about waking the neighbours (or the kids) when you are having sex.
Memory foam mattresses usually last for around ten years, which is plenty of time for some love making with your partner.
- You’ll exert less effort having sex on a memory foam mattress. Because there are no springs to provide resistance, all your efforts and energy can be put to better use.
- Another advantage of memory foam contouring your body is that you and your partner will be ‘gripped’. So no more sliding off the bed mid session.
- There’s no need to anchor yourself against a wall or headboard. The friction provided by a memory foam mattress is particularly useful if you like to use a grinding technique whilst making love.
If this guide has piqued your interest, you might be looking to buy a memory foam mattress so you and your partner can experience not only great sleep, but also the added pleasures memory foam could bring to your bedroom. If you’re not sure where to start, read our guide to buying memory foam products. Anyone with a thirst for knowledge may also be interested in the Science of Memory Foam.